Patient’s Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
It is the intent of Animas LLC to address and respect patients’ rights in providing care and services. It is the policy of Animas LLC to provide services to all patients without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability. No person shall be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of any service, or be subject to discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability.
It is the responsibility of all Animas® employees involved in interaction with the patient through sales, education programs, customer service or any other means to understand and promote this policy. It is the responsibility of patients of Animas LLC to actively participate in his or her care.
- The patient is given information to allow decision making regarding care or services. The patient is responsible for providing accurate and complete information about his or her health and medical conditions.
- The patient is involved in conflict resolution. The patient should inform Animas® about his or her expectations and satisfaction with care.
- Patient complaints will be heard, reviewed and resolved to the best of our ability. The patient should ask questions when they do not understand his or her care, treatment, services, or what they are expected to do.
- The patient should follow the treatment plan or contact his or her HCP if unable to do so. The patient should also express any concerns about his or her ability to follow the instructions and should report changes in his or her condition as appropriate. If they do not follow the instructions, the patient should accept shared responsibility for the outcomes of care, treatment, services, or what they are expected to do.
- The patient is involved in resolving ethical issues.
- The patient has a right to confidentiality and privacy with regards to his or her medical information. The patient should notify Animas® Customer Support with concerns related to product or safety issues.
- The patient has a right to have his or her property respected. The patient should be considerate and respectful of Animas® employees.
- The patient should meet any financial obligation agreed to with Animas®. The Animas® Inside Sales Department will discuss billing of co-pays and deductibles, including whether the patient has ongoing ability to pay for supplies. Animas® will also address patients who lose insurance coverage.
- The patient has a right to have his or her communication needs met. Animas® will work with the patient to ensure that any language requirements, including sign language and any additional educational needs, are met. If the patient believes that they have been denied a benefit of service because of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability, they may file a Complaint of Discrimination with the Manager of Animas®’ Customer Service Department, either verbally or in writing. If the complaint is filed in writing, it should include a name, address, phone number and a brief description of what occurred which led to the belief that the individual was discriminated against. In this way the appropriate person may respond to the complaint. The complaint may also be filed with external agencies such as the State Department of Social Services, or the State Department of Health and Human Services.
Please contact Animas LLC if there are any questions or concerns regarding this information.